About ABA Sports Innovations (ABASI)
Who is ABASI?
ABA Sports Innovations (ABASI) is a company founded and developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, who possesses half a decade of experience in the field of behavior analysis, consulting, training, and research compilation to enhance and champion the training of athletes.
The methods that ABASI teaches and promotes have been evaluated and proven through controlled research designs published in scholarly peer reviewed academic journals such as:
THE ABASI METHODOLOGY & APPROACH
The ABASI methodology and approach are based on the following core principles:
- Using the most effective research based feedback modalities available
- Employing core principles of behavior analysis to enhance athletic training in the following ways:
- Conducting an initial assessment to determine behavioral excesses to reduce and behavioral deficits to increase for athletes.
- Collecting data to establish the athlete’s baseline performance
- Capturing data to identify the effectiveness of the training methods in order to make decisions related to continuing or refining the training methods.
- Decreasing athletic training based on the use of punishment or negative reinforcement e.g. yelling or use of coercive statements
- Providing athletic trainers the power and confidence to alter and enhance their training of athletes based on their knowledge of behavior analysis interventions used with sports and data based assessment.
Training and implementation of ABASI’s proprietary POINTE program
ABASI is determined to provide athletic trainers with revolutionary and innovative coaching methods that are evidence based and scientifically tested in order to create a more positive coaching relationship. The end result/goal of the methods will be to enhance performance of the athletes who receive the training.
Read more about our proprietary POINTE program
The techniques and methods employed by ABASI incorporate principles derived from the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. Please click this link to read a brief overview of ABA.